Sunday, April 23, 2017

Gearing up for NW3


Divine has improved significantly the last 6 month. We are building hours so we can dance smoothly.

We did 2 container searches. Unknown blind hides. One odor each search. Divine and I did it! But second time I doubted myself and kept her out too long.

We then did containers with no odor for 1 minute, then add the odor. Divine did hit on distractor when no odor. But when odor was placed a light alert.

Vehicles. 4 vehicles. Kim set two hides. Divine stuck her nose in the hitch. I called alert. Kim said no. Found out later it was a hide I set since this was my truck. Wthe three hides were actually a bit close. No dog got all three. We worked the problem again for sucess.

40 chairs in a spiral. 2 hides, known. Nice work. The hides right acrossvfrom each others but a few chairs down.

It has been a transformation to switch dogs. Divine and I dont have the hours Mickey and I put in. I am still learning how to dance with her. I miss Mickey. My heart wants Mickey, but that is no longer an option. Divine is now my main nose work dog. She keeps rising to the occasion and proving she can nail it. I need to learn to trust her.

No comments:

Post a Comment